Olivia sent some special packages to her favorite buddies that contained a Spring/Easter surprise.
Aren’t these solar powered dancing chicks adorable!? Olivia has gotten such a kick out of watching this toy- she is constantly pointing, “talking,” and running up to her new friend!
I packaged this easy Easter gift in a DIY container made from Samantha Walker’s Bottle Box Kit. Then, I added an embellished tag with the saying, “This dancing chick knows… you are one of my favorite peeps!”
I made two versions– one features a cheerful yellow/pink combination and another sports a bright green/blue palette. I transformed the name plate tag from the Cottontail Embellishment pack to a blue tone by checking the “colorize” option under the saturation level and manipulating the hue slider.
I’ll be honest, I was a little intimidated when I first opened the SVG file for this box. The video on Samantha Walker’s website was really helpful in terms of figuring out how to fold everything (Click here for video link.)
A couple of hints that will make this project easier:
- Use somewhat flexible paper that won’t splinter along fold lines.
- Before you assemble the box, make sure that you have folded each and every one of the “score lines” — especially all of the curved lines!
- I approached folding the curved score lines from multiple angles — keep turning your paper since the middle marks are harder to get to!
- After all the score lines are folded, I found it easiest to tuck the tabs into side slots to make a cylindrical box shape (this process deviates from the video). Then, I folded the bottom pieces together to form the base. After completing these two steps, I assembled the top. Experiment with the order to find what works best for you!
- The top assembly is tricky! After folding the top pieces closed, you need to pinch all the pieces toward the center.